I know all of you probably have images of me living in a little mud hut with a thatched roof in the middle of a village, bringing buckets of water on my head from the river, hunting animals with spears and all that. But amid all that, I'm actually going to have a telephone, and internet, and email and skype, and a postal address too. That means that I want your phone calls, emails, letters, and packages (hint hint). I want to know how all of you are doing.
So here's all the info:
Email: sgottfried@gmail.com, and gchat is a good way to talk
Skype: My skype name is sarah.gottfried If you're not familiar with skype, you can download it for free, and we can talk for free via our computers. Just make sure you have a microphone.
Telephone: I bought a skype phone number. It's a local US phone number, that you can all dial from your regular telephones, and I'll pick it up on my computer, or I can even forward that to my Zambian cell phone.
Telephone number is 617 381 4221
I will also have a cell phone once I get there, and you can call that number too. Calling cards are pretty easy to pick up these days. I've gotten great rates from a company called Viapin (www.viapin.com), you can buy the calling card online.
Time zone difference is currently 6 hours, and when we go off of daylight savings time here, it will be 7 hours.
Mailing address:
For flat mail-
Sarah Gottfried
c/o CIDRZ Zambia
1500 6th Ave. S.
Room CRWH 370
Birmingham, AL 35233
For real packages-
Sarah Gottfried
c/o Centre for Infectious Disease Research Zambia (CIDRZ)
PO Box 34681
Lusaka, Zambia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment