I could not have guessed when I woke up yesterday morning that 12 hours later, I would be on an airplane bound for London. Suffice it to say, never use Expedia and if you do, don't book a flight on multiple carriers.
I was supposed to leave on Wednesday morning. Mentally, that was my departure point. Tuesday was supposed to be this day of recovering from the boards (which went better than expected), tying up all the loose ends, and enjoying the company of my parents on my final day in Boston. But things don't always happen as we expect them to. And so this year long adventure began a day early.
So here I sit, outside Heathrow airport, being extremely thankful for the free WiFi. It's a cool sunny morning and I'm enjoying the fresh air after 5 1/2 hours in a stuffy cabin. The red eye flights are rough though. My body barely settled down for the night when the faintness of dawn seeped through the windows of our plane chasing the sun. The sunlight and the coffee-cup-and- crisp- newspaper morning bustle has tricked my body into thinking it needs to be awake again, but I know this will catch up with me later. With this fresh new day comes a more solid feeling that all this planning is finally over, that I'm really going, and I can't wait to get there.
Perhaps my day yesterday set the tone for the year. Hopefully not always quite as stressful, but certainly unexpected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Soooo glad to hear from you- let us know when you reach your destination! I think you're last line says it all!
Ruthy
Sarah, I hope you're catching up on your z's (sleep, not African countries in this case!) I was so excited to hear your voice yesterday, and so proud of your idealism and adventurous spirit. I wish you G-dspeed, and may He protect you in all your endeavors. Ah, to be young again!
I'm thinking of you!
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment